Hotel Directors listen up.
Amazon and Supermarkets have stolen half your staff.
The few you have left are stuck doing annoying admin and jobs they didn’t sign up for.
Thought Leader: William Nicholls
The competition has stolen your staff.
Technology isn’t here to replace human interaction.
The Hotel industry is in a recruitment crisis.
Covid hasn’t just cut guest numbers, it’s sent staff packing back to their countries… where they’ve stayed.
And they are not coming back.
Added to the nightmare is the local supermarkets and online retailers like Boohoo, Amazon and top supermarkets are paying better wages than hospitality.
Hotel staff are spending time multi-tasking, doing manual administration and tasks not originally in their job description.
And not focusing on their area of expertise or looking after the guest experience, which doesn’t always allow for an engaged workforce.
The only solution to this dilemma is using technology that powers your guest experience from beginning to end.
You can’t avoid it any longer – you need to make better and more efficient use of technology that will save your staff from doing time-consuming jobs and manual tasks,
Here are pain points that we hear time and again.
Will occupancy return to 2019 levels?
Does it matter?
You need to be at the top of your game regardless.
Staycations are booming at the moment, but are they going to be consistent?
The travel industry is going to change as international travel opens up and occupancy rates are bound to improve.
- Have you ensured your technology will future-proof your business?
- Technology has changed hospitality forever.
The hospitality industry has relied on manual processes and staff to operate hotels and restaurants. Progressive Web APP’s (PWA) are designed specifically for the Smartphone user.
Does your hotel still rely on these manual processes ? you’re behind the curve.
Technology such as contactless check-in, APP food-ordering , Room service and bookings are now the norm, and will be expected by a large portion of your target market, ON THEIR SMARTPHONE.
- A number of hotels have technology at their fingertips they aren’t making the most of. Having an integrated CRM system, for example, can be a powerful tool to use your guests data to market to them using upselling and cross-selling campaigns, using SMS and APP notifications allied to digital loyalty cards.
- The technology available for your hotel can change the way you speak to your customers, and generate more revenue for you.
- New normal and Covid readiness
Covid has changed the face of the hospitality industry forever.
- Guests are more concerned about safety than they have been before, and you need to make sure your hotel is as safe and reassuring for nervous guests as possible.
- Using contactless technology, for example, will reduce the points of human-to-human contact, putting your guests at ease.
- It also focuses on business flow, logic and touch points for happier customers within your Hotel.
- The online experience is not about googled websites !
According to our research, 55% of millennials research their holiday destinations on Facebook or Instagram.
- You need to ensure that your online platforms (APP and social media presence) are accessible and enticing, and will draw your target market’s attention to choosing your hotel for their stay.
- APP in APP tools are essential for clients sharing your deals, vouchers, promotions and loyalty card naturally on social media.
- Adopting social media as your natural APP distribution ledger is dramatically different to the tactics of SEO and Google search